- Iced coffee. You know I hate coffee, but I have gone from almost never drinking coffee unless it was heavily laced with chocolate and whipped cream, to desperately needing a big glass of iced coffee midday, only laced with a tad of almond milk. I even mastered making the coffee myself when James forgot to make a pot earlier this week. Because babies=coffee, and it started as necessity and now is a ritual that I really look forward to.
- This compression tank. Yes, the longterm goal is to actually lose the baby weight… but the short-term goal is to fit into clothes, so helllllooooooo compression cami. Yes, I think I will have to be cut out every time I try to wriggle it over my head. Totally worth it.
- This music video. Whereas the “Happy” song that was big a couple years back made me want to gouge out my eyeballs with pencils, this song actually makes me infectiously happy. That man in the grocery store dancing? That’s basically me when I get to go grocery shopping without Henry, which brings me to….
- Grocery delivery. Glory be. I may never go grocery shopping again. It is decidedly more difficult with an AC hating baby, but even if the store part is successful, getting lots of groceries to our second floor apartment when I sometimes have to park a decent distance away always ends poorly. Not only does Peapod do free delivery for 60 days, but you get 20$ off your first order, and I was able to more effectively shop sales and avoid impulse buys. It also saves all previous orders, meaning I can quickly add repeat items. Grocery shopping this week took me all of 15 minutes, and I did it without wearing pants. I saved major time and major money, and someone else carried my groceries up the stairs and deposited them on my counter. GLORY BE.
- Watching Henry make serious faces and wave his tiny fists around while James narrates his thoughts as if he was a post apocalyptic dictator à la Mad Max (a movie which I absolutely hated, for the record). Because we are now those parents, who are pretty much enamored with everything this tiny redheaded human does.
What are you loving today? Happy weekend!
Yes! Tiny dictator speeches are one of my favorite baby things 🙂 also how do you make your iced coffee?
I wish I could say I have a good system, but I just take some from the pot and let it get cool, then stir in some coconut sugar and almond milk and drop in some ice cubes.
Little baby Isaac was born last Thursday and we are just so enamored with every face and noise he makes! It’s making for a glorious maternity leave for both of us and we’ve been enjoying non-stop baby snuggles! ❤ Being a mom might be the best thing that's ever happened in my life.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Soak then all in!!!!!!!!!!yayyyyyyy baby Isaac!!!!!