Five ramblings of life right now, punctuated with random pictures from my phone, in lieu of a coherent blog post addressing things of actual significance:
1. This picture popped up in my Facebook memories recently. Y’ALL. THAT IS NOT ME. But someone tagged me in it because it basically looks like me when I had bangs, holding a baby. Somewhere out there I have a chambray loving, baby holding doppleganger.
2. Henry is going to be an elephant for Hilloween, which is the yuppie Capitol Hill version of Halloween, aka, Parents Pushing Nice Strollers And Socializing While Kids That Cannot Even Chew Receive Candy That Their Parents Will Eat. His bestie is going as a lion and it is going to be awesome. Obviously you will be treated to more photos than you knew you wanted. And speaking of yuppie parents, I am now on the MOTH (Mothers of The Hill) listserve, and I’m pretty sure that these ladies are secretly running this city like a strangely powerful lobbying group devoted to strong opinions about protruding tree roots in parks. I love it. I also love that I was able to score Henry’s elephant suit for mere dollars and a jogging stroller for FREE thanks to these ladies.
3. After asking about it forever ago, trying Mint and not loving it, we are on the YNAB train. Still figuring out exactly how it works, but I love it, and just the act of having to enter our purchases whacked mucho money off our spending last month.
4. As Henry can now roll and loves to move to on his side and press his face into the walls of the RocknPlay, at least, when he is not trying to sit up or flail his legs in such a way as to lunch his swaddled body out of the thing, a change was needed. We moved him to the crib and a Zippadee zip on Wednesday night, with great fear and trembling. All in all it has not been as traumatic as I thought, though there have certainly been DARK MOMENTS AND TEARS, not just his.
5. I never thought much about showering until having a baby. I mean, I did it when needed, but not every day, and didn’t care for lots of products. Now the shower is my refuge, and I anticipate it like a private spa, demand it every day. Because my standards for spas these days are : no one is touching me, I am not covered in spit-up, and I have no decisions to make beyond what sweet smelling product to use. My SIL gave me a bag of treat yo’ self goodies for my birthday and I have been LOVING this eye cream (so long dark circles!) and this scrub. She also gave me soap that makes me smell like an almond croissant and I consider taking a bite out of the bar every time. What are your favorite pampering products?